Thursday 12 November 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to the On Ya Bike in Essex! Blog. A blog written by me Derek, all about my rides in around and through Essex. As a Essex lad born and bred (well the essex london border) I relized a little while ago there seems to be very few cycle rides in my location, sure theres lots in North north essex but very few here in south essex. So I decided to show what my area has to show!

So a bit about me. I have been cycling since about the Age of 8, at the age of 14 i did my first longish distance solo ride (13 miles, it was long at that age), then at the age of 19 I did a long Cycle in London, and that was the Bike bite, at that point it stuck me that Cycling is a love of mine!.

Now to cycle you need a bike and mine is a little bit special, mainly cos its mine! Its known by me as "The Beast Of Burden", normally shortened to "The Beast". The reasoning for this is simple, if i need to go out, and go further than a mile or two then its on the Bike. If I need to carry lots, then the rack on the back has a panner that can be put on, or if we are talking lots and lots, well then the Beast has its follower, The Trailer!

Ill post a photo of the two of them at some point!

Hope you can get out on your Bike soon!

Del

No comments:

Post a Comment